Many heroic nurses who help us all survive medical challenges, currently face increasing barriers to wellbeing in their field. Remember when Barak Obama’s youngest child suffered Meningitis and he raved about nursing care that restored her health? Now, just a few years later the entire nursing profession as we’ve valued… Read more »
Catch the HUGE TPT SALE on all your student-ready brain based lessons, units, games, and tasks! 25% off for the next two days! Let me know about further topics you need – ready-to-roll in brain based activities! Enjoy this two day sale!
Luckily, the human brain comes with unique equipment to free your mind, solve problems, or create adventures many crave but most people fail to imagine for themselves. Follow one or two new neuron pathways today and watch limiting habits fade as rigid ruts yield to infinite imaginings. It’s really about… Read more »
While we now know that students retain less from lectures, we question how to cultivate brain based cultures that trigger observable and impressive growth. Good news! It’s actually easier than most realize – to get older students active and growing in any class! Enter six little namungos with big brainy… Read more »
Intelligence could have been what Ford had in mind when he said: “If you say you can or say you can’t – it’s true.” See your IQ as fluid or fixed and it will become just that. Daily choices literally fuel or fail your unique multiple intelligences. How so?… Read more »
17. Play Plasticity to Win. How so? Plasticity refers to the brain’s equipment to rewire your brain, and increase its capabilities to write. That said, plasticity expands writing ability when you: ~ Laugh at yourself ~ Speak and feel heard ~ Engage readers who rarely get involved ~ Monitor your… Read more »
8. Address Authentic Problems– Interview peers to see what issues they care about. What questions are readers asking on your topic? Listen with your brain. What concerns readers most and what possibilities would they like to consider further? Look at the research on your topic, but also listen to your… Read more »
5. Write to Fuse Arts and Science – The idea is to engage both sides of the brain in order to increase innovation. Would you agree that most people tend to ask questions with predictable answers? Boring to boot! Involve readers in your questions and watch how it suddenly draws… Read more »
2. Set your Stage – Were they listening to a boring lecture in uncomfortable chairs? Readers gain more from your writing when you engage their visual or spatial intelligence. See http://goo.gl/L637h How will you add word pictures to what you write today?
1. Perk-up Moods – Boredom, it turns out, is a habit formed in brains and reinforced by words that lack punch. Help readers choose improved moods as their reality, Sidestep boredom! Jump start your writing with a what-if-question, such as, What if you could use information in this essay to… Read more »