Our brain leaps to discovery when we embrace novelty as a way to improve a situation, solve a problem or create an innovation. It could be as simple as serving others in a way that benefits all. And it often involves looking at toxins, blocks or barricades, and then replacing a petulant practice with a kinder or more compassionate gesture. How so?
50 strategies below add brainpower to derail workplace toxins and launch innovations leaders crave for a new era. Understand your proclivity for novelty, and begin to step toward more innovative outcomes for success in a new era.
New research about novelty’s power in the brain – only yields its elixirs to those who take advantage. How so?
1 – Step up with confidence.
2 – Join a social media group.
3 – Ask advice from a novice.
- Mind-bending revelations open to those who question, and curiosity enables adventure guided by great questions.
4 – Don’t try to avoid risks.
- Dynamic neuro discoveries can help to create new cutting edge tools for improved leading and learning.
5 – Reconsider negative opinions.
- To live more successful realities is also to accept fewer myths from cynics who reduce brainpower for renewal.
6 – Become what you’d like others to see in you.
- Define your interpersonal roles in people’s lives and you’ll succeed more in living those roles with purpose and passion.
7 – Act like a genius who values humility.
- How you are smart is less tied to numerical scores than to visible expressions of developing multiple intelligences.
8 – Use both sides of your brain to solve a problem.
9 – Discuss a problem with solutions in mind.
- Ongoing renewal tends to come from curious minds that question broken systems with solutions in mind
10 – Be specific about improvements you want.
11 – Listen to your tone during a difficult exchange.
12 – Prioritize 5 top tasks to complete in order.
- In contrast to multi-tasks that bottleneck the brain, targets enable you to visualize and follow clear pathways forward.
13 – Focus on one new growth area.
14 – Build goodwill with somebody during a disagreement.
- To disagree well is to lead well, and they both have more to do with brainpower tools than most people realize.
15 – Share opposing views of a controversial issue.
- Those who neglect to engage opposing views also tend to cause flame wars that destroy lessons from diversity.
16 – Ask compelling questions during a boring meeting.
- To target multiple intelligences is to run from lectures that fail to actively engage learner brainpower.
17 – Try a new approach such as serving to learn something new.
- Renewal that comes from the brain’s plasticity to rewire daily can also race teens and faculty to the top for higher achievement and motivation
18 – Take advantage of chemical and electrical circuitry to advance past a struggle.
19 – Benefit more from gender differences.
20 – Chill with ethical people
- Target neurogenetics of ethics and draw on brainpower for values that vastly improve your situation.
21 – Hire an older worker.
- Expect outrageous agility that inspires seniors to live voraciously rather than settle for gracious old age.
22 – Go for top capabilities others want from you.
23- Facilitate winning solutions for people who differ.
24 – Design an innovative project that discourages bullying.
- While bullies appear to thrive and aggressive behavior benefits some, brains hold tactics to prevent bullying for finer rewards,
25 – Congratulate groups where racism rarely appears
26 – Remain calm under pressure by taming your amygdala
- Expect calm under pressure through brain chemicals equipped to tame the amygdala when confronted with conflicts.
27 – Laugh at the little things.
28- Speak up and feel heard.
- Evidence of brain based facilitation skills appear in people’s ability to speak and feel heard on any topic.
29- Listen to catch names and use them as you communicate.
- Add value to a circle’s collective brainpower and release chemicals for well being through using people’s names.
30 – Remember more by outsourcing facts.
31 – Discourage cynical encounters.
32 – Use mistakes as stepping stones to success.
33 – Convert beliefs into actions that benefit others.
34 – Get help beyond technical glitches into innovative results.
35 – Reconfigure people as capital for higher ROI.
- With people positioned as precious capital at the center, systems increase ROI and inspire more meaningful innovations.
36 – Renew without fear.
- While renewal stretches a brain’s plasticity into growth and change, limit action through fear or anxiety and you inhibit brainpower dangerously.
37 – Move younger people into pathways of growth.
- It’s no secret that current systems stunt teen brainpower, or no longer a mystery what strategies boost brainpower for a new era.
38 – Help to fix broken systems by offering your talents.
- It will take multiple intelligences from diverse brains to replace broken systems with higher performing communities.
39 – Seek innovative solutions when you meet routine problems.
40 – Increase your leadership IQ.
41 – Make one significant change.
- To reflect for change is to engage an intense and complex series of brain states that require more neural resources than methodological reasoning.
42 – Find one growth possibility in unexpected setbacks
- Reflect widely and prepare the brain for sudden landings and successful approaches at unexpected emergency runways.
43 – Act opposite one habit that holds you back.
- To reflect is the sure segue to create ongoing change that moves yourself and others to a better place.
44 – Replace one limiting myth with a new reality.
- Without reflection you miss new facts about the human brain and likely settle for living myths that limit mental progress.
45 – Change one routine to add room for growth.
46 – Run a highly interactive meeting.
- Rather than feel trapped in meetings, reflect on ways to either bolt or engage mental approaches to override your brain’s propensity to default back to ruts.
47 – Contribute to an ethical climate by modeling high values.
- Request values that show leaders reflect in a brain powered climate beyond deceit for personal gain.
48- Use an online tool to advance an innovation.
- Reflect for brainier online results that engage serotonin, a miracle drug for success and prevent cortisol, the chemical that can cause failure.
49 – Reflect on approaches to engage all for mutual dividends.
- Leaders who reflect for long range benefits tend to jumpstart peace plans rather than incite violence, sparked by one-sided leaders
50 – Use smart skills that combine hard and soft.
- Change and innovations for a new era follow reflection when smart skills replace hard and soft skills
YOUR TURN! Join our Brain Based Circles! Would love to meet you at any of the following!