What if today led you in a new direction of dynamite possibilities for wellbeing? … if you used brain-friendly strategies as the bulwark between ruts and rejuvenation.
What if you stepped toward a small change, by adding one life-changing brainpower boost through 25 recent facts from the brain sciences:
1. Boredom is more a habit formed in brains, and shaped by our choices, than any reality we face.
2. Environment counts, and a healthy, comfortable, and visually pleasing setting helps us transform problems into solutions.
3. Well being comes partially from and is fueled and extended by serotonin, the brain’s aha chemical hormones.
4. Anger, fear, and frustration are fueled and extended by cortisol, the brain’s toxic and stress induced chemical hormones.
5. Venting is bad for the brain and creates new neuron pathways to much more of the same misery.
6. Dendrite (brain nerve cells) use the outside world and take shape, or grow new neuron pathways toward healthy or unhealthy targets, based on actions we do.
7. Music changes brain wave speeds in ways that impact moods and certain rhythms can enhance productivity.
8. Lectures and talks work against listeners’ brains, benefiting speakers’ intelligence mostly, while teaching as we learn helps us retain more.
9. Hebbian workers means we rewire our brains to kill incentives, remain in ruts, limit focus and even shrink our brains.
10. Diversity training commonly works mentally against benefits because of its deficit model of passive listening, without actively implementing as we go.
11. Brain waves can bring either enhance sleep or peak performance, or prevent rest, based on how we activate them.
12. Hook even difficult facts onto one thing we know and comprehensive learning increases in less time.
13. Basal ganglias store older facts and create ruts, while working memory holds far fewer facts and enables change as we use them to solve problems.
14. Multiple intelligences are common to all, used by few, and all eight can be developed daily, showing that IQ is fluid not fixed.
15. Cynical mindsets literally block creativity, impact talent, and stomp out innovation, while increasing cortisol individually and collectively.
16. Memory can be outsourced into lists or frequent behaviors such as hooking keys to a belt, to help us remember more, and to free our minds for focus.
17. Plasticity (the brain’s ability to change itself) enables us to rewire daily in ways that keep us younger and smarter.
18. Encouragement literally changes the chemistry and circuitry of our brains through raised serotonin, and rewiring for delight.
19. Meta messages, those subtle jabs that pretend to mean what they do not, destroy relationships through implications different from what is being said and heard.
20. Smart skills offer an integration of hard and soft skills to solve problems with the brain more in mind.
21. Stress literally shrinks the brain, and poor tone in communication acts as a silent killer, so that we run on far fewer cylinders than we need for wellbeing.
22. Greet a person through speaking that person’s name in a gracious and respectful way, for a shared spike in personal awareness.
23. Mind-guiding inspires creativity and invention by teaching others at the same time we also learn from them.
24. Create new neuron pathways to see possibilities beyond problems each time a proposed solution addresses problems encountered.
25. Women’s and men’s brain differ biologically and intellectually in ways that few optimize.
Read neuro details behind these brain booster facts and more …
What if everyday came with a vibrant brain quote to boost your life, learning and leading adventures? What if brain boosters prompted your fullest and unique capabilities daily? Here’s a newly published brain boost lesson planner with built-in weekly mental quotes. Inspire your mental abilities with proven benefits and motivate those you teach or mentor to raise IQs in fun challenges! Give to teachers as a gift to start the new term in brain based directions. Use as a practical tool to enjoy your awesome brain at delightful NEW levels! Includes new neuro research, tips and suggestions behind every quote! Brief video description here.
YOUR TURN! Join our Brain Based Circles! Would love to meet you at any of the following!
Created by Ellen Weber, Brain Based Tasks for Growth Mindset
Did you know that you can raise your IQ daily?