Conflict grows perilous for those who lack brainpowered tools, yet disagreement’s add linchpins of growth for those equipped with sharp mental tactics.
Watch warfare erupt in your circles and you’ll likely see 1 of 10 instigators:
1. Angry folks show few skills to tame their amygdala.
2. Stubborn people often lack mental ability to let it go.
3. Fearful people tend to obsess over harm they fear facing.
4. Bullies rewire mentally and mistreat others for their way.
5. Unpredictable people tend to explode under pressure.
6. Misguided folks daily satisfy personal needs ahead of all.
7. Insincere people often speak words they rarely mean.
8. Complainers avoid solutions yet frame problems cynically.
9. Lamenters dwell on regrets for what could have been.
10. Victims use fewer intelligences yet blame others for most miseries.
Each of these firecrackers for war, rewire the human brain for more fire with every use.
Yet brainpowered skills will move most people past the ruts that brains default to based on contentious behaviors or habits. It may amaze you to see how the human brain literally acts as a compelling force against change, to those without mental skills to reconfigure combative actions when conflict strikes. How so?
You’ll see skills highly tuned in President Obama‘s amazing ability to reflect peace in favor of fighting battles. For those who perform even tiny acts of peace, the brain rewires daily against war and for benefits that come from engaging respectful disagreements. Have you seen peacemakers at work?
It starts with tone that opens opportunities and ends with the kind of curiosity and creativity that Einstein and others model so well, to inspire the rest of us. What’s Your peacemaking IQ when others disagree?
YOUR TURN! Join our Brain Based Circles! Would love to meet you at any of the following!
Created by Ellen Weber, Brain Based Tasks for Growth Mindset
See Related Sites: