Never doubt a small group of thoughtful, committedd people can change the world, Margaret Mead said. See it happening?
In less than a decade Zappos propelled productivity to more than a billion dollars, and earned a place in Fortune magazine’s best places to work. Zappos built a company culture where genius thrives, because stagnant systems change to bust outmoded rules that hold back genius. Do you lead with life-changing results and clever innovators in mind?
Let’s say Joe Brilliance joins your department after winning a Nobel Prize for his latest invention. Or, when Mary Mastermind attracts top grants for your organization, does she find stimulating settings suitable to roll out mind-bending research?
How do you lead for genius results?
- Approaches differ from daily routines of ordinary blokes, who characterize too many organizations. Unlike leaders who expect less, renewed leaders yield millionanire-mind-results. Like Zappos’ leaders do, they inspire genius ideas, so that plasticity rewires brainpower for brilliant innovation. Did you know for instance, that while many boardrooms include men only – new research proves that teams with more women have higher IQ?
- Encouragement adds IQ growth for novel adventures. How so? Think of people as fixed IQs and you’ll expect mundane results. The opposite is also true. Promote novelty to jumpstart advanced capabilities at work. Encouragement changes the chemistry of a brain by raising serotonin, and adding tone for profitability.
- Communication serves up care, openness and honesty. Sadly, harmful meta messages – insincere interactions, reduce people to ordinary blokes in toxic workplaces. When poor tone replaces healthy exchanges you dumb down to ruts and routines that poison genius opportunities. You dispose of amazing iniatives seized by healthy organizations.
- Collaboration rallies across differences to design brilliant solutions. When diversity flourishes through shared ventures, venting drops off as people unite for key solutions. Results that pound new neuron pathways toward advanced ideas and winning results for all.
- Celebrations herald folks who differ from their peers. Women’s and men’s brain differ biologically and intellectually, for instance, in ways clever events tend to optimize.
Further genius-leadership-tips – in radio interview on facts about your brain that increase workplace brainpower and toss profitable innovation into your growth plans?
Further reading for those who see innovative leaders prosper more in genius-friendly MBA management courses.
Further Big Developments in Neuroscience to Watch – via David DiSalvo in Nuuropsyched.
YOUR TURN! Join our Brain Based Circles! Would love to meet you at any of the following!
Created by Ellen Weber, Brain Based Tasks for Growth Mindset