You likely know that links between what people crave and what you can offer, requires you to connect the dots between your current position and creative prosperity. But have you ever considered how vital connections also boost innovative brainpower?
The opposite is also true. Cut out your connections and by default you diminish brainpower to invent.
Rather than pack your brain with links that go nowhere, why not jettison your life and leadership forward with 5 essential connections.
Jumpstart brainpower found in highly innovative minds only, when you:
- Join what you already know to what you wish to know in order to invent something new. Human brains come equipped to latch onto new facts faster if they hook to what you already know and do. How could that open new opportunities for you to start with your current talents and learn what it takes to fill an innovative niche you see – yes, even in an economic downturn.
- Connect skills you are learning to insights others offer, by linking your facts to their interests. While delivering information works against the human brain, teaching others as we learn ourselves pays back 90% more in retention. Intelligent people also build prosperous alliances in this way.
- Link solution possibilities to every problem encountered. Einstein constantly cultivated curiosity, for example, by linking suggested solutions to problems. While others passed over, complained about, and whined about what could be – he connected himself to the problem of relativity by imagining he rode the curve of the arc. When you look at problems with solutions in mind, the human brain builds neuron pathways to create answers you seek.
- Draw together diverse people and welcome opposing views. I’ve learned during a lifetime in renewal work that to connect opposing views is to spot nuances that others miss on both sides of issues. It requires being less opinionated about most everything, and pays wonderful dividends to those who stay open-minded. For instance tradition insists on the separation of hard and soft skills, and then places these in silly hierarchies. Here at MITA we combine the best of both into what we term smart skills with the brain in mind for 21st Century leadership strategies that work for a new era.
- Join science to art and use imagination as innovative glue to intergrate. You have two well equipped sides to the human brain, and both play a keen role in highly sustainable innovation. To kindle and design ideas such as these top creative moments that hit new heights in the last decade, takes connecting the art and science from your left and right brain.
Pair these essentials together and you’ll increase neuron connections come with brainpower for new innovative heights. Make fewer connections, on the other hand, and you’ll limit your mental ability to create. Simply put, your daily connections determine your IQ growth, since increased neural connections equal higher intelligence.
Did you know that babies are born with 20 times more neural connections than adults? Or did you know that while many boardrooms include men only – new research proves that teams with more women have higher IQ? Experiences you shape in a day – either create or diminish neural connections for creativity. Schools tend to teach by delivery and that kills connections that come from doing as people learn. Luckily it’s not all bad news.
Thanks to plasticity however, the human brain rewires new neural connections daily – based on what you do. Or you can lose connections by ruts, routines, and passivity. Does that challenge you to step outside of comfort zones, connect what has yet to fit together in your world, and spark the innovation ability in your brain and organization?
YOUR TURN! Join our Brain Based Circles! Would love to meet you at any of the following!
Created by Ellen Weber, Brain Based Tasks for Growth Mindset