It’s now believed that you have both angel and devil brain parts and these two forces stay in consistent battle for your actions. Do you agree? Researchers looked at activity in the brain for healthy and unhealthy food choices and what they found may surprise you.
Angel brain parts help people to consider abstract decisions such as healthy living, whereas devil parts push to crave junk food. Simply put, angel brain parts nudge you toward well being, the devil parts fight for weaker choices. Has it happened to you with food or other areas?
Angel and Devil parts of your brain battle for supremacy, according to Dr. Antonio Rangel at California Institute of Technology. Published discoveries in May 1st journal of Science suggest researchers are being led to investigate why some people live more self-control yet others tend to prefer peril.
Of unique interest is Rangel’s question: “What is special about the circuitry of brains that can exercise good behavioral self-control?”
What do you think?
YOUR TURN! Join our Brain Based Circles! Would love to meet you at any of the following!
Created by Ellen Weber, Brain Based Tasks for Growth Mindset
Consider 10 personal choice related factors from recent neuro discoveries:
1. Open spigots that turn off craving also link to and help balance dopamine chemicals.
2, Offer one peaceful act in a moment of conflict, builds neuron pathways to a culture of peace.
3. Create common ethical actions in any group and human brains rewire beyond social justice.
4. Cultivate creativity beyond a cynic’s reach and restore brainpower to heal toxic workplaces.
5. Toss tone skills at words that tear down and watch sparks fly for winning solutions.
6. Act on common sense decision and your brain adds intrapersonal intelligence to solutions.
7. Live what you hope others will see in you and plasticity will rewire your brain for more.
8. Tame the amygdala and watch solutions pop up where stubborn problems persisted.
9. Increase serotonin in your brain and in others and fuel mental journey toward success.
10. Laugh at yourself and then expect brain benefits for you and entire circles as a result.
Research continues to weigh both angel and devil parts of human brains, yet it’s worth getting started on an adventure for benefits from neuro discoveries already made. What do you think?
See Related Sites: