If you enjoy your workplace and find yourself coming up with refreshing solutions to stubborn problems, you likely also make choices that cynics rarely get. How so?
Allow no judgments when brainstorming new ideas. Suggest that no criticism be made against any offering until all insights are welcomed and displayed. Remind folks ahead that naysaying shuts out mental creativity.
Teach tone tactics in daily doses. Show colleagues how cynicism drowns people’s minds with harmful cortisol chemicals – while disagreement accompanied by good tone adds serotonin and leaves people’s intelligence and dignity in tact. Can you see how serotonin mushrooms brainpower?
Choose each action wisely. People often send me books to review, for instance, and I accept only books I can champion or commend. That way, even when I disagree with sections read, I spread serotonin to my brain and others who read reviews.
Run from cynics daily. Stay alert to all 10 tragic traits in the mind of cynics. Before you hit those walls of despair, focus more attention on those who create, laugh, risk for others, and offer solutions in ways that build up what some tear down.
YOUR TURN! Join our Brain Based Circles! Would love to meet you at any of the following!
Created by Ellen Weber, Brain Based Tasks for Growth Mindset
Or try out 11 opposites to cynicism as you:
1. Target agreement is disagreeable settings.
2. Reboot brainpower through growth surveys.
3. Offer fresh perspectives to time worn terms.
4. Check out cynical results and name their outcomes.
5. Replace meta-messages with genuine words.
6. Practice opposites of a cynical mind in daily chunks.
7. Choose peace over battles when solving conflicts.
8. Suggest fresh solutions from broken traditions.
9. Learn tactics to keep calm under pressure.
10. Expect bullies who wire brains for cynicism.
11. Learn to let cynicism go in favor of growth.