Now that tired and broken systems are falling, the stage is cleared for innovative incentives and a better place. Yet a Harvard Business School article today reminds us today that the competitive climates we’ve created literally shut down the creativity we could otherwise cultivate. Have you thought about what shuts off creative spigots in your brain? Perhaps more significantly – have you found wisdom to turn creativity back on?
You’ll find good neuro research to back the reality some very common trends simply cannot co-exist. Then, why choose an approach or two from the heap below – to trigger your day:
1. Venting cannot coexist with encouragement that leads people forward.
2. Talking is incompatible with listening.
3. Competing rarely engages creativity at the same time
4. Cynicism’s a rival to thoughtfulness.
5. Tears get lost in a climate of laughter.
6. Anger fades out in the wake of calm responses.
7. Grief takes a back seat in hope’s presence.
8. Inadequacy gives way when a brain shifts to learning
9. Depression finds fewer strongholds when vision appears.
10. Conflict is swept away with differences welcomed.
What will you do today to turn frantic failures into a focused pathway toward creative responses with the brain in mind?
YOUR TURN! Join our Brain Based Circles! Would love to meet you at any of the following!
Created by Ellen Weber, Brain Based Tasks for Growth Mindset